Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Lounging @ LAX

I am sitting in a pub in LAX enjoying a tall Sam Adams. Awaiting my flight to Bangkok and then on to Kathmandu. I wasn't sure whether LAX offered cost free wireless connection. To my surprise, they do. Why not take an opportunity to scribble down some lines while I can. Wanted to leave a trail on my blog from one of the busiest airports in the world.

I was under the impression that all major airports in the US charge for wireless connection. Since I rarely ever attempt to connect online at airports, I never knew. So LAX is FREE of charge. May be there are others.

My luggages (extremely overweight I might add) are all checked in. I was a little nervous that the security might ask me to open the luggages in order to dig through them. Thankfully, none of that happened. However, while checking in, Thai airways charged me some money for excess baggage weight. I literally got into an argument with the clerk about it. All the research I did indicated that there would be no overage charge for passengers with frequent flier accounts. I demanded the CRM's (customer relations manager) contact information. I have it now and plan to contact her with my complaints.

For record, here is the email I received from Thai when I contacted them about the overage.
Dear Mr. Poudyal,

Thank you for contacting us.

You are entitled to receive normal baggage weight accordingly
to the service class paid, plus 10 kg extra being Silver member.

Yours sincerely,
Namthip Jarusaen
Members Service & Support
Royal Orchid Plus
The clerk at the counter dismissed the email mentioning that this luxury applies only while traveling within Asia. The email above never mentions such geographical restrictions, does it??

Till later.

No comments: