Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Long time, no blog!!

I seriously didn't mean to leave this much of a gap between my jottings but life events in the past couple of months surely have been hectic.

An update on where I stand at the moment:

In the past couple of months, I have dusted off the following:

- Finished the GMAT with a score of 700
- Finished my MBA applications to Wharton, Haas, and Santa Clara

Firstly, the GMAT experience. I studied religiously for a few months and expected to score 700+. When the test screen popped up a score of 700, I felt neither sad nor happy. I knew that a score of 740-750 was well within my reach. But the exam day jitters got the better of me. Nonetheless, I am moving on with my 700. No retakes.

Secondly, the application front. Little did I know that writing essays was going to require this much effort. After all, what the essays ask for is your introspection of yourself, a person you know better than anyone else on the planet. So I thought. After delving into it, little did I realize that the adcoms do look at articulation techniques, succincticity, clear future goals etc etc. I came to realize that a decent GMAT score would not rescue a subpar effort on putting together the essays. With the essays revised again and again and again, up until the last moment of the application deadlines, I submitted them with confidence thinking that I gave my best effort. Now the waiting game starts.

No comments: